Sunday, March 08, 2009

I have watched the Watchmen

I could on and on about the differences between the brilliant piece of work that is the graphic novel, but everybody who thinks they have a right to words has already done that. So, instead I will just say they brought things to the screen that were both amazing and unfortunate, but overall it was worth my time...and I am seeing it again tomorrow. I do not relish the choice of songs in the movie though, but I shall endure.

For the rest of this post I will now ask this simple question: Why do you go to a movie on opening weekend if you have no idea what on earth the material is about? And must you keep questioning things throughout the movie?!!!!

The jerk sitting a few seats to the right of me not only questioned much and snickered at places not meant for snickering, but had the nerve to be adult enough (and by the way he was at least mid-thirties) to groan whenever Dr. Manhattan's illuminated blue penis showed briefly on screen. He even added a brilliant note of "what's with all the dick shots?!", which by the way if that is what you were noticing you clearing were looking for them and not having them, ahem, thrust upon you. Crack a book before dust reclaims its property.

He wasn't the only one groaning at sight of groin (more mature males in the audience), but he was the most noticable. Next on the list, the long annoying trend of dumbass parenting. Sure bring a toddler and newborn baby into an R rated, 3 hour movie at 8:30 pm. What an amazing idea.

Oh yes, GO SEE WATCHMEN!!!!! (perhaps without an audience if you can manage to kick everyone out of the theatre)

No comments: