Tuesday, April 14, 2009

second creative writing subject: attempt 1 of 2

So, having tried to do something with the topic of vanishing animals, the new topic is Stone Made Flesh. I had chosen this not knowing the difficulty it may cause, but that did not stop me. This is a first small attempt at something...another will eventually follow, I hope...if things go well anyway.




I have turned the corner of the past and not a moment too soon,
For my life had moved through joy into sorrow; despair.
My head was clouded and my eyes were raining, despite the sun.
No matter how hard I tried my efforts were never enough, because my efforts were indeed just that...never.
I was not trying hard, but hard and tried.
My once healthy heart became a mass of stone and moss, a thing of beauty to only the slimiest of belly-driven creatures.
It is now that I know the unnatural thing that I had become, not so much a man but a gargoyle; bitterly perched and angrily fixed upon my precipice throne of wind and darkness.
I no longer am that creature of misfortune.
My feet now dance upon the rain slick streets as laughter fills the air.
She has transformed my castle of shadows into a song filled cathedral of light.
This once sedimental has been made flesh.
Farewell my quarried heart.












-j.g.smith (04/14/09)

No comments: