Tuesday, August 18, 2009

out of step

The footprints on my heart have gradually left soil on my soul
Where once there was much free flowing, now grit trudges through
I haven’t found myself anymore than I am lost, but I do know one thing;
Pain is an emotion that seems my closest friend and most mortal enemy.

How this dance ever came to be, it is something I wish to no longer tango with.
Each sultry step of life eventually dips you from a precipice of frailty,
Dangling ever closer to the edge, until you either choose to drop or finally find your own rhythm and overtake the crescendo.

I will try to dust away the footprints, but somehow my heart still blossoms gray.






-j.g.smith (18/08/09)

2 comments:

Inkslinger said...

Interesting. I really like the phrase "my heart still blossoms gray." Great phrase.

I like the play with music, too.

Just a note: can grit trudge? :)

Inkslinger said...

Oh, and I like the "soil" and "soul" connection, too. :)