Thursday, January 21, 2010

time's passing, still

It seems I have spent most of my days learning how to live within a dying world. The desolation of my own life has brought me nearer to insanity than most would dare tread, yet this path seems the one I am bound to…at least for now.

Somewhere I know the sun is rising, I can see the warmth upon the faces of others.

I decided to seek guidance from the sky again today and as usual the clouds seemed to move, yet all else remained in perpetual consistency. What light I could see vaguely scratching at the grey cover ignored my pleas as well. I chose to walk on.

How is it that so many hearts can be crying out for more? For anything?

Perhaps I am simply meant to meander through this world unloved, unnoticed, and untethered…but if so why does breath stay subtle upon my lips while far more worthy flesh goes grey?

I relent and seek the comfort and refuge of my humble bed, maybe tomorrow shall bring more than a tango of turmoil to my troubled mind.

No comments: