Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Per Chance...

I was surprised to find you, rather suddenly, standing at my door. The attempts at words and expressions upon our faces stated more than anyone else could ever realize. It became too much and I simply gave in and embraced you, as tears of joy flowed rather freely. I've waited so long and was filled with such elation. I couldn't let go.

I then awoke.

Almost five months have passed since our friendship came to a halt...almost five months...and during that period I have not only destroyed myself, on many levels and on a daily basis, for the part that I had played, but I have woken as frequently and lost you all over again. How weary I've become of waking from a moment that never was. 

I may never know this friendship again, yet one thing seems definite...the etchings left upon my heart and mind will never let me forget.


No comments: