Thursday, November 12, 2009

Case file #30-12-2006/354771

Have you ever found yourself closing your mind to an open book? That is what it was like for me, sitting there in a darkened room only mere seconds from the throat I wished to grasp.

Life has a way of throwing the least expected yet most anticipated things your way. Admittedly this time I was too astounded by the sheer timing of it all to do much more than silently applaud the universe for constructing such a moment and following through in a rather devious and well executed manner. Who could have seen anything like this coming, yet alone at this very second after many varying moments of torment had just settled down? Bravo life, brav-bloody-o.

Somehow I managed to reach for the now tepid cup of tea instead of Victor’s bulbous throat, as he spoke that ridiculous Adams apple of his just danced about like a retarded child on a sugar high. The words were far less entertaining, therefore I found myself more distracted by the amazing way he spoke of his “master plan” at great length all the while strutting about the room and glaring into some unknowable distance; never looking towards his feet, never tripping or stumbling across any of the many bodies now littered at his feet. Perhaps there is something of a cat-like prowess in evil, so-called, geniuses…explains another reason I despise cats so much.

I saw what I thought was my moment but failed to notice that of the few remaining henchmen…hired goons?…oh screw it, one of the dimwitted gun holding dinks was nearer than I realized and instead of my hidden blade flying out as I jumped up from the chair and finding a meaty portion of Victor, I discovered both a new hand upon my wrist and an until now undiscovered talent for screaming at a higher pitch than one could imagine.

Within seconds Victor realized what was happening and despite having left the dink upon the floor now dead…thank you, thank you very much…I now found myself in a rather impolite exchange of words and fists. Seriously, just because I have to try and stop you from destroying the world does this truly mean such rants must take place as we do this operatic ballet of doom? I think not!

Thank the heavens Victor was a push over, what a shock, and fell promptly over the ledge that I chose to nudge him from. Oddly it was his turn to discover a talent for high-pitched screaming.

So there it is, just another day in the old…well, you know where we work…sshhhh ;)

No comments: