Friday, December 18, 2009

so...THIS is Christmas?

A bite in the air, as flakes of white drift down upon an ever-greying world.

Christmas is mere days away and all that I can think about is how exhausted I am, how utterly tired and consumed with simply catching a few extra minutes that may allow my already waning sanity a slight requiem.

How have the youthful joys simply vanished in the heart of darkness that beats within moneys need?

The memories are there, albeit slightly less polished and not as shiny as they once were, yet still they hold evidence that I was once able to not only know Christmas was coming, but I could feel it…live it! What has adulthood stolen from this boy who resides within my minds celluloid theatre?

I must admit the one thing that has definitely changed for the better is that I no longer take great joy in the receiving of gifts, yet instead find far more immense pleasure in the giving of them to those whom I love dearly. Oftentimes it is difficult to purchase a true gift of meaning, after all one cannot simply buy a box of gratitude for sticking by my side…or can one, perhaps I shop at the wrong stores.

Oh well, whatever Christmas brings this year I shall be glad in whatever way the day allows. For if nothing else I know the blessings that come alongside the tribulations of each year, and each of them are worthy of praise. How else would I be standing here now?

So, in my last few words before I end this I simply want to say this: may everyone have a great Christmas, and no matter how busy or stressed you may get take time out for yourself, even if it is a couple minutes a day, and remind yourself of who you once were at this time of year…for those few minutes be yourself again.

Merry Christmas, and may Christmas find you…well…YOU.

No comments: